Sunday, November 24, 2013

Jennie-O All White Meat Turkey Burgers



Everyone always says turkey burgers are plain and dry. But I’ve learned over the years that they CAN be plain and dry if you over cook them and if you don’t season them properly. After trying the Trader Joe’s turkey patties, my opinion on frozen turkey burgers was totally transformed. So while at Target, I decided to pick up a box of Jennie-O All White Meat Turkey Burgers. There were a few options, but the white meat sounded more appetizing to me, particularly because I’m a white meat type of girl.

What I liked off the bat was when I opened the box, the burgers are individually wrapped! I love that because so many times when I purchase premade patties they’re all wrapped together in plastic wrap and separated with wax paper. That can be frustrating especially when I’m only planning on making a few burgers.

I heated up my nonstick skillet and put the patties into the pan – which were more than halfway frozen.  As the patties cooked I sprinkled a small helping of hamburger seasoning over one side.  I found they cooked evenly and resembled any other chicken/turkey burger I’ve cooked in the past.  When done I served it on a sandwich thin with lettuce, tomato and onion. I found them to be quite perfect, very filling, and delicious. I found one turkey burger with a 3 ounce helping of French fries was more than enough.  So much more satisfying than anything I’d get out at a fast food restaurant.

A burger (1/3 pound) is 200 calories or 5 points plus values. Completely worth it.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Jennie-O turkey burgers?

No comments:

Post a Comment