Sunday, November 3, 2013

Reser’s Main St. Bistro – Zesty Au Gratin Potatoes



I had gone to the market to pick a few things up that we needed at home. While passing the section where the prepared potato dishes are, I spotted this Reser’s Main St. Bistro – Zesty Au Gratin Potatoes and it immediately caught my eye. I haven’t had au gratin potatoes in FOREVER and these were just what the doctor ordered. So I picked up the container.

Since we were having mini meatloaves for dinner, I opted to heat this up for myself (my boyfriend doesn’t like cheese) and it was heavenly! Granted, I could have made a boxed au gratin potatoes for less calories and points plus values, but these were worth it. Since they’re prepared all that was left for me to do was heat them up – either in the microwave or in the oven. I opted for the microwave since it was the fastest method and dinner was going to be served shortly.  Even after being microwaved, they came out perfectly. The sides of the au gratin were nice and crispy as they had just come out of the oven. They were creamy, potatoey and they had great flavor from the bacon and a nice mild zest from the jalapenos. All around perfect and delicious!

A 2/3 cup serving is 180 calories or 5 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the au gratin potatoes from Reser’s Main St. Bistro?


No comments:

Post a Comment