Saturday, November 9, 2013

Hungry Girl Gooey Butterfinger Cupcakes

Along with the popcorn balls for Halloween, there were also cupcakes for dessert to share with my little ghouls and goblins - Hungry Girl Gooey Butterfinger Cupcakes that is.  In the e-mail I received from Hungry Girl they looked delicious and seemed super easy to whip together … so I had to give them a go.

I really do enjoy making lighter versions of desserts because typically the crowd eating them truly have no idea- and this recipe certainly is one of those. The cupcakes took no time to whip together and then bake up.  Once they were cooled I topped them with the marshmallow fluff glaze, then sprinkled each cupcake with some of the chopped up Butterfinger candy bar. Simple, easy peasy and they really do look a little bit fancy.

The downside – I found the next day the candy bits sucked up all the marshmallow topping. They looked like chocolate cupcakes with wet caramel colored bits on top of them. Definitely not something you’d want to present to guests so sadly I ended up having to throw the remaining cupcakes away because nobody was eating them.  So with that I say – make this recipe the day you plan on serving them.

The recipe made 12 cupcakes and each cupcake was 127 calories or 3 points plus values.

You can find the recipe here: http://www.hungry-girl.com/weighin/show/2753

No comments:

Post a Comment