Thursday, November 14, 2013

Progresso Light Chicken & Cheese Enchilada

I’ve said time and time again that I’m not a huge soup fan … but with it getting really cold as of late, I’ve been more and more in the mood for soup.  I had picked up a can of Progresso Light Chicken & Cheese Enchilada soup and opted to have this as a side with my dinner.

After heating it up in the microwave (it can also be heated up on the stove) I found it to be on the thicker side. It’s not runny like a normal soup but it’s not as thick as a stew. Flavor wise it’s delicious – slightly spicy (it’s more of a background spice) but deliciously cheesy.  The soup has chicken, celery, red and green peppers in it – the label also states it has tomatoes and onions in it, but I couldn’t notice them in the soup.  It’s creamy and relatively filling.  It has a “homey” vibe to it and I certainly enjoyed it.  

A 1 cup serving is 90 calories or 2 points plus values, or the whole can (2 cups) is 180 calories and 4 points plus values.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite canned soup?

1 comment:

  1. The progresso light Italian style meatball is delicious, I'm obsessed!

    ReplyDelete