Thursday, November 14, 2013

Trader Joe’s Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip




I admit I have seen this Trader Joe’s Bacon Cheddar Ranch Dip numerous times while shopping but have never picked it up because I assumed it would be too unhealthy to even bother with. Now, I enjoy chip and vegetable dips … but I typically make my own at home when I’m in the mood for one.  But after seeing this so many times, I figured I’d just check out the nutrition facts … and I was surprised with them, so I put the container into my cart.

This sat in the fridge for a few days until one night my boyfriend and I were going to watch a movie.  So I asked if he’d like some chips (we enjoyed this dip with the Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Kettle Cooked Potato Chips) and dip … so chips and dip is what we had.  Opening the container I was surprised with how thick it was. Most store bought dips, at least the dips in my local grocery store, are on the looser/wetter side. This was moderately thick.  I didn’t see any bacon or cheddar in it … until I dipped a chip into it, then I was rewarded with a surprise. Thinly sliced shredded cheddar cheese run all throughout the dip, while there are pieces of bacon throughout it as well. It’s tasty with all flavor combinations working together. You get the ranch, you get the cheddar and you get the smokiness from the bacon.  It’s a delicious dip – right up there with my all time favorite Heluva Good bacon horseradish dip.

A 2 tablespoon serving is 90 calories or 2 points plus values.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite chip dip?

2 comments:

  1. I was just looking for a decent bacon dip, and with this blog post, I got so much more. I got the inspiration to follow in your footsteps, to lose weight without torturing myself too much with food deprivation. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Best of luck on your journey. I've always told myself nothing is off limits - as long as it's in moderation. I like my fair share of "junk" but I only have it if I can feel accountable to have it. Moderation over deprivation always!

    ReplyDelete