Friday, November 22, 2013

Twix Gingerbread

Around the holidays, I like scoping out the new and interesting flavors companies come out with.  Needless to say when I spotted Twix Gingerbread at Wal-Mart, they found a temporary home in my shopping cart.  Since these are “fun size” they’d be perfect in the candy dish in the living room, so they’d inevitably be eaten, especially during the holidays.

The other night I was in the mood for a little sweet, so I cracked open the bag. Peeling it, it looks like your plain ole Twix.  After the first bite, I wasn’t impressed – my initial reaction was “Gingerbread? There’s no gingerbread!” But after the second bite I found the gingerbread flavor … and I found it to be strange. Twix are chocolate, cookie and your classic caramel, so having a gingerbread flavor in it, takes it to a whole new level. I admit I’ve had gingerbread cookies, muffins, etc., but I’ve never had gingerbread meet chocolate or caramel.  These aren’t gross, but I feel they’re “meh”. Nothing to truly write home about… or run out to buy, but if you enjoy gingerbread and chocolate you may truly enjoy these.

A serving is a cookie bar, which is 80 calories or 2 points plus. If you can’t stop yourself at one, you can have 2 for 160 calories or 5 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Twix Gingerbread candies?

No comments:

Post a Comment