Friday, November 22, 2013

Trader Joe’s Creamy Corn & Roasted Pepper Soup



When I spotted the Trader Joe’s Creamy Corn & Roasted Pepper Soup I was intrigued. I admit, I’m not the hugest fan of the idea of boxed soup … but I love corn and I especially love corn chowder, so I felt this could be reminiscent of something. More than likely a tip of the hat to my love of corn more than anything else.

I measured out my serving and heated it in the microwave. When it was done, I let it cool for a few minutes before digging in.  I have to say … I’m not entirely sure how I feel about this soup. It’s creamy, which is expected and it tastes mildly like corn, but also tastes like tomato soup, and has a bit of background spice to it.  I found 1 cup is simply too much at once, ¼ to ½ cup is more than enough for my palette at least. Not bad, but not entirely my cup of tea

A 1 cup serving is 110 calories, or 3 points plus values.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite premade soup?

No comments:

Post a Comment