Saturday, November 16, 2013

Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Pita Chips



Growing up in my area, pita chips were a regular snack (well, typically the cinnamon sugar or garlic varieties). Pita chips entail some of my favorite things … bread and some sort of seasoning. I would occasionally pick them up when I went to one of my local Lebanese bakeries if I went to the meat market that sold a packaged version.  But, while at Trader Joe’s I decided to pick up their Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Pita Chips to give them a whirl.

What floored me initially was the fact that these are reduced guilt … and secondly the fact that the nutrition facts are half what they are on the ones I typically picked up.  When I opened them I noticed they are all cut into square pieces and I found each piece ranges in texture from either a softer crunchy to a hard crunchy.  They’re light, slightly salty, crispy and just a perfect snack.  I originally enjoyed these with some chive cottage cheese – but they’re also perfect on their own, dipped into hummus or even broken up into salad like in fattoush salad.

A 1 ounce serving is 100 calories or 2 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of Trader Joe’s reduced guilt items?

No comments:

Post a Comment