Friday, May 17, 2013

Trader Joe’s Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese



I picked up this Reduced Guilt Mac & Cheese frozen dinner from Trader Joe’s because I admit … I am a die hard macaroni and cheese fan.  BUT I am not a fan of the fat that comes with it – or the yucky feeling that follows in my belly after consuming.  I had seen this dish a few times at Trader Joe’s but had been reluctant to pick it up partly because I’m skeptical of frozen mac & cheese.  I’ve tried the SmartOnes (Weight Watchers brand) but haven’t been a fan of either the frozen or refrigerated version, as well as some other frozen brands I’ve tried.

One night I put this in the microwave and was quite surprised with how good it was.  The top has a little bit of “hardened” cheese on it, while the consistency throughout is creamy. It’s not nearly as rich as homemade mac & cheese gets – but it’s definitely palatable and filling.  The great part is the container houses one serving, so when it’s gone – it’s gone! It’s also 7 points plus for the serving, which isn’t bad at all.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite brand of mac & cheese – outside of homemade?

2 comments:

  1. Even though I live in California now, I'm a southern born & raised girl. I love me some mac & cheese! I'll definitely have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, GOOD FOR YOU!!!! Such an amazing weight loss journey!!!

    ReplyDelete