Thursday, May 23, 2013

Arctic Zero – Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream



There has been a lot of buzz around the Arctic Zero brand of frozen novelties.  There are a lot of people who love the brand, hate the brand, or have certain flavors they just plain don’t like or really enjoy.  There are also others who don’t believe the nutritional information listed on the container.  I admit I was a little hesitant to find a store to purchase because however could ½ cup of ice cream be only 37 calories (1/2 cup = 1 points plus value)?! I’ll be honest, part of me thought if it was true, it would taste like dirt.

After seeing it for weeks upon weeks all over my Instagram feed I decided to find a store that sold the brand.  I googled and found a Whole Foods location near my work that sold them – so I decided to make a Whole Foods grocery run at lunch one day.  I found them in the freezer section, alongside the other ice creams.  This particular store only had 4 flavors available, so I picked up the Chocolate Peanut Butter and the Maple Vanilla (which I have not tried yet).  The pints have been sitting in the freezer, because I was not feeling adventurous enough.  Well, I happened to be feeling adventurous this week and I have to say I LOVE this flavor!

It’s too bad it took me so long to try it, but the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor is quite delicious.  I mean, you CAN tell you’re not eating regular ice cream. It’s lighter ice cream, there’s a little bit of iciness to it (but if you let it sit for a moment, it goes away).  It’s creamy, it’s delicious and it’s packed with flavor.  It’s more chocolatey than peanut butter – but there is a mild hint of peanut butter in the background.  The ice cream itself is definitely best to eat with something on it.  I found it was totally delicious with sliced banana and strawberries on it. It brought the flavors together and made a relatively guilt free dessert seem like a guilty one.

I did eat 1 cup servings at a time which came out to be 2 points plus.  I had another sundae later in the week and I just really enjoy this flavor.  It is a little pricy – these were just under $5 at Whole Foods, but worth it for a once in a while treat.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any Arctic Zero products? If so, what’s your favorite flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment