Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Skinnytaste’s Cheeseburger Casserole

The moment I saw Gina post her Cheeseburger Casserole recipe on her Skinnytaste recipe, I immediately printed the recipe out and planned on making it because it just looked and sounded amazing!

I followed her recipe to a T.  The only thing I changed was that I reduced the amount of cheese being used since my boyfriend is not a cheese fan; I removed 1/3 of the recipe from the pan.  So to adjust for that, I removed 1/3 of the cheese for the recipe.  What I can say is while it’s cooking, it smells amazing and while you’re eating it it’s out of this world fabulous! The greatest part is that 1 cup is only 7 points plus.

It’s SUCH a unique flare on a classic staple food (a cheeseburger).  The pasta acts as though it’s the bread, the meat is plentiful, the flavor is overall amazing and the pickles on the top are indeed at first interesting but I find them to be quite pleasing because it gives the dish a nice salty flare (plus I love pickles).  Definitely two thumbs up for this dish!

If you are interested in the recipe, please find it here: http://www.skinnytaste.com/2013/03/cheeseburger-casserole.html

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Cheeseburger Casserole recipe?

1 comment: