Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Trader Joe’s Butter Chicken with Basmati Rice

I’m a fan of Indian food but I don’t typically go to Indian restaurants (unless I have someone to go to an Indian restaurant with that enjoys the spiciness of Indian food).  So with that dilemma I typically purchase frozen Indian dinners to enjoy at home.  I’ve been wanting to make a butter chicken recipe at home so when I saw this at Trader Joe’s I made sure to pick it up, stick it in the freezer to have on hand when my craving for something different hit.

The dinner itself contains the butter chicken (which is located in its own section of the container) along with basmati rice.  The butter chicken itself is a little spicy but not overwhelming as some Indian dishes can tend to get.  My boyfriend’s taste buds have become sensitive to spice and he was able to handle it and even said it was delicious.  To stretch the meal we added some fresh steamed vegetables (broccoli and carrots) alongside it to make it filling and balanced.

The box contains 1 ½ servings – 1 cup being an entire serving.  My boyfriend and I split this evenly, making it 6 pointsplus – but if you were to have a full 1 cup serving it would be 8 pointsplus.

QUESTION:
Have you had the Butter Chicken from Trader Joe’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment