Sunday, May 12, 2013

BoomChickaPop – Lightly Sweet Popcorn



I spotted this BoomChickaPop Lightly Sweet Popcorn at my local grocery store in the “healthy junk food” section of the market.  I’m not much of a fan of plain ole popcorn (particularly if it’s coming out of a bag), I typically prefer white cheddar … so the lightly sweet perked my interest.  Kettle Corn isn’t my favorite, but I figured lightly sweetened would be interesting – and I can honestly say, it was.

The great part of the Boom Chicka Pop is that it’s only 37 calories per cup of popcorn and a serving consists of 3 ¼ cups for 120 calories = 3 Points Plus.

The popcorn is nice and crunchy with a hint of slight sweetness on them. It reminds me of a very mildly sweetened caramel corn (it has that slicker feel and texture to the popcorn). It’s a healthier alternative to popcorn – guilt free, organic and just “naturally simple” as the manufacturer describes. There are no high-fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners/flavors, no preservatives and there are no trans fats in the product.

The one thing I will say is that there were a LOT of popcorn kernels and popcorn shells in the bottom of the bag.  Like the last probably ½ cup had to be thrown out because it was just loaded with kernels and hard shelled popcorn (unpopped).  But nonetheless, that aside, this was delicious and I’ll definitely repurchase.

QUESTION:
Have you tried either of the BoomChickaPop popcorns?

No comments:

Post a Comment