Friday, May 10, 2013

Dinner @ Texas Roadhouse

When you mention the phrase “Texas Roadhouse” to me – the first thought that pops into my head is heavenly buttery rolls with cinnamon butter – which are endless.  As a self proclaimed carboholic, I’ve decided Texas Roadhouse is not quite a restaurant for me to visit because if I am with a party that WANTS the bread, I sometimes am not sure if my will power will hold strong.

As a belated birthday celebration for my boyfriend’s mother, it was decided Texas Roadhouse was the restaurant we were going to go to.  That meant I immediately pulled up the website and scanned through their menu (ignoring my favorite – a full slab of ribs).  I knew if I REALLY wanted the ribs I could have them, but they just weren’t worth it to me because at the end of the day, the richness and fattiness to them would have only made me feel sick and sick is not what I aim for.

I found a grilled chicken salad on their menu and decided I’d treat myself to that – that is with slight modification to the “display” of the salad.  No eggs, no croutons and no cheese please.  I wanted a simple salad and by simple I asked them to add tomato to it because if I recall correctly, the menu did not list tomato as a component of their salad.  Dressing wise – I went with the only friendly dressing – fat free ranch.

My salad came out and it was delicious.  It was actually two meals for me – a late lunch and a late dinner.  And yes, I admit I had a roll and I had peanuts – but I enjoyed myself and accounted for all.  That’s the great thing about my journey is it’s all about moderation not deprivation.

I estimated the salad to be 8 points plus (figuring there was some sort of butter/olive oil used on the grill to keep it from sticking).

QUESTION:
What is one of your favorite meals to order when going out to eat?

No comments:

Post a Comment