Friday, May 10, 2013

Boca Spicy Chik’n Veggie Patty Sandwich

I have always been a Morning Star girl but decided to give these Boca Spicy Chik’n patties a try after I heard they were delicious. I actually picked this particular box of veggie patties up at Target for free since they were n clearance for 78 cents and I had a $1 off coupon.

I heated the patty through, wrapped in a napkin, in the microwave per the box directions.  They would definitely be crispier and even more delicious if heated through in a convection oven (per box directions as well).  The flavor of the patties is perfect.  It’s spicy, but not overpoweringly.  The texture is truly spot on – you would have NO idea you were not eating a real spicy chicken patty.  As a meat eater, I know the texture of frozen processed chicken patties and this is not quite the texture, it’s smoother, but the taste is fabulous.

I served this on a half of a fresh pita bread, stuffed with some bagged salad.  I topped the patty with spicy brown mustard, some reduced sugar ketchup and a pinch of fat free ranch dressing.  Utterly perfect and only 4 points plus per patty (7 points plus if you’re hungry and want 2), while the bread was 2 points making it a 6 pointplus meal!

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Boca products? If so, what is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment