Friday, May 24, 2013

Dinner: Trader Joe’s Fully Cooked Seasoned Pork Roast with Barbecue Sauce



I had purchased this fully cooked Seasoned Pork Roast with Barbecue Sauce at Trader Joe’s and stuck the package in the freezer since it just wasn’t on the dinner menu for a while. We spotted it in the freezer, took it out to defrost and made it for dinner and I have to say – this is absolutely DELICIOUS!

Since the pork roast is already fully cooked it can be heated through in either the microwave, or in the oven.  I chose putting it into the oven and heating through that way – it made it feel more of a home cooked meal than a fully cooked packaged meal.  I lined my pan with foil (for easy cleaning) and topped it with foil to steam.  It came out perfectly, the meat was really moist and the barbecue sauce survived 20+ minutes in the oven without drying up and getting “chewy”.

My boyfriend, mother and I all had this for dinner (they both raved about the pork) – paired with a baked potato and some canned no sodium corn and it was a perfect meal. Delicious, filling and a great quick and easy meal.

The serving size is totally generous – 5 ounces (including the barbecue sauce) and it only comes out to 6 points plus values!  How can you go wrong for 5 ounces of barbecue pork?  I’m all about getting the most bang for my buck regarding points plus values and this is totally worth it. I can’t recall how much this cost, but I want to say it was under $10 for the package – maybe $8?

My meal in the above photograph is 10 points plus values. 6 – pork, 3 – potato, 1 – corn.

QUESTION:
What is one of your favorite fully cooked meat products at Trader Joe’s?


No comments:

Post a Comment