Saturday, May 11, 2013

Trader Joe’s Chicken-Less Pulled Chicken in Barbecue Sauce



As an avid Trader Joe’s fan, I tend to pick up a few new things to try each time I go to the store - this time it was the Chicken-Less Pulled Chicken in Barbecue Sauce.  As a foodie, I don’t mind venturing into new foods that seem as though they’d be appealing.  I am not a vegetarian, but I do eat vegetarian dishes from time to time.  Typically Morning Star is my “go-to” and since I do enjoy their BBQ riblets, I had high hopes for this pulled chicken.

I originally purchased this because the nutritional facts were pretty stellar.  For 1/2 the package it was 3 points plus or the whole thing was 6 points plus.

Sadly, this was a complete and utter fail for me.  I heated it up in the microwave per the directions, figuring I’d eat it over some salad, maybe with a little pita bread on the side.  2 minutes went by and I decided to give the chicken a try before building my salad ....and I am glad I did.  After two bites I could NOT handle it. The barbecue sauce is very tasty but the texture of the "meat" really turned me off.  It was like a mushy, chewy, weird tasting meat substitute and I just couldn’t handle it.  I’m a texture person when it comes to food and it completely gave me the willies.  Unfortunately this ended up in the garbage since I’m the only one whose “adventurous” enough to eat vegetarian dishes.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the vegetarian dishes/prepared foods at Trader Joe’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment