Sunday, May 5, 2013

Trader Joe’s Dinner – Chile Lime Chicken Burgers & Beer Battered Onion Rings

 



Firstly, I want to point out that these two items are quite possibly two of my favorite items that Trader Joe’s sells – both of which are available in their freeze section.  The greatest thing about this meal is the fact it takes little to no time at all to throw together.  The burgers are raw, so after defrosting in the fridge for 2-hours, they cook up in under 15 minutes – usually everything (burgers and onion rings) are finishing up around the same time.

The Chile Lime Chicken Burgers {which are 3 points plus for 1 or 7 for 2 if you’re “hangry”] are a fabulous invention by the masterminds at Trader Joe’s.  It’s a classic chicken burger – and I admit when I first purchased these (I’ve repurchased quite a bit) I was skeptical of the flavor.  I’ve purchased plain chicken burgers from the store and they’re always blah. You an season them to death but they always end up tasting like a plain chicken burger.  These are just perfectly seasoned and delicious.  The flavors that make up the burgers are not over powering, they’re just great.

The Beer Battered Onion Rings [which are only 4 points plus for 3 oz] are frankly the best frozen onion rings I have ever had and that’s saying a lot!  Usually frozen onion rings are well, disgusting, or mediocre but these are just plain delicious. I spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray, layer out my onion rings and I spritz the top of them with spray.  Typically I flip them a little more than half-way through cooking time.  They just come out nice and crispy, the onion inside the ring is plentiful, soft and not overpowering.  The flavor is delicious; they’re mildly sweet but just overall perfection.  They’ve been a continuous staple in my freezer since I first tried them – but sadly, we finished the last bag so that means they’re on my “To Buy” list for Trader Joe’s.

We ate this on simple toasted bread (I had mine on light Italian bread) topped with a little tomato, lettuce, mustard and a pinch of ketchup. Delish!  Overall dinner was 9 points plus and delicious!

QUESTION:
Have you tried either of these Trader Joe’s products?


No comments:

Post a Comment