Sunday, April 28, 2013

Trader Joe’s Hot & Sweet Mustard



I was in Trader Joe’s about a month ago and on this particular day (as any day) Trader Joe’s was offering free samples of their honey baked hams (it was right before Easter) and for a dipping sauce they had their Hot & Sweet Mustard to go along with it.  I requested a sample of both and immediately fell in love with the mustard.  My boyfriend has made me a mustard fan.  I used to use it sparingly, but now I tend to use it on a lot of things – plus being a Weight Watchers member most mustards are 0 Points Plus values, so it makes them my friend because plain food is boring food!

The mustard is on the “looser” side, if that makes sense.  It’s not runny, but it’s not very thick – it’s kind of somewhere in the middle of consistency.  It’s sweeter, but there’s a tinge of spice in the background which really levels out the sweet factor and makes this fabulous mustard.  It’s great on ham sandwiches, it’s great on pastrami sandwiches and it’s delicious alongside a fresh baked ham at Easter time (or any time you want to eat ham!).  I haven’t experimented too much with this mustard, but I’m sure it could be used to make some sort of a glaze for pork chops (since I have used Dijon mustard to make a glaze for pork chops in the past).

For a 1 tsp serving its 0 points plus - while it’s also 0 points plus for 2 tsp’s.  Not bad at all because it gives sandwiches a whole new layer of flavor which is just fabulous and I am a fan for life.  Please, Trader Joe’s – never discontinue this mustard!

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Hot & Sweet Mustard from Trader Joe’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment