Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cookie Butter Swirl Brownies


When holidays are around the corner and my boyfriend and I have a few stops to make while visiting family I enjoy making desserts so we don’t show up somewhere empty handed.  I had a few different ideas for desserts and somewhere in my list of ideas I had “Cookie Butter Brownies.”  The simple mention of Cookie Butter my boyfriend was immediately intrigued.  He then brought out the fact that it would be a good idea to test the brownies before deciding to make something that I may not be impressed with to put down on a dessert table.

I had two separate ideas so instead of making two trays of brownies (which can be dangerous having that many brownies lying around) I made a “snack size” box of brownies, split it down the middle and made the two separate recipes I had in mind.  I simply followed the box directions for the brownies – I avoided eliminating any of the eggs and oil because even with adding them they were going to be around the same point values.

I sprayed my pan with cooking spray, layered in my batter and for the swirl portion I just took 2 tablespoons of cookie butter, melted it in the microwave (about 25 seconds).  I stirred it to make sure it was smooth and drizzled it over half the brownies and “swirled” it in with the tip of a fork.  I then baked them off per the box directions, taking them out when they passed the toothpick test.

I have to say hands down – these were my FAVORITE out of the two I made.  It had a nice subtle cookie butter flavoring, while not being overpoweringly sweet.  They were also only 5 points plus per brownie (6 servings - half the container).




No comments:

Post a Comment