Saturday, April 27, 2013

Lunch: Chicken, Cheese & Tomato “Panini”

I had a major craving for a Panini so I decided to go ahead and make one at home which was to my liking while also being a lot healthier than panini’s you can grab out at sandwich shops.

I had picked up some local “sub bread” from my market for my boyfriend and while scanning the bread selection, I decided I’d throw 5 points at the bread and make a nice Panini and enjoy myself.  I measured out 4 ounces of Thin & Trim deli chicken breast, sliced up a roma tomato, split a piece of fat free American cheese in half and assembled my sandwich.  I spritzed each side of the bread with a little spray butter and put it into a nonstick skillet, pressing down lightly until it was golden on each side.  It was definitely delicious and quite filling.

For a side I snacked on this with some petite dill pickles.  Not bad at all for a 8 points plus sandwich (1 for the cheese, 2 for the meat and 5 for the bread).

QUESTION:
Do you like making panini’s at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment