Friday, April 26, 2013

Mystic Pizza – House Special

This is what you get for dinner when you are hungry, at the grocery store and decide you just really don’t want to cook when you get home (especially when it’s late and dinner would have taken an hour to prep and serve).

I texted my boyfriend and asked him if pizza sounded fine.  I was carousing the frozen pizza section (because I admit, it’s my favorite food) and spotted a new type of Mystic Pizza so I decided to grab it. I’ve had Mystic Pizza in the past and I’ve found it’s one of the better frozen pizzas – not my favorite, but I definitely prefer it over many brands.  This particular one stated it was “larger family size” which was interesting, because I know from previous experience the Mystic brand frozen pizzas tend to be on the smaller side.

The House Special had pepperoni, meatball, sausage, green & red peppers, onions and mushrooms on it.  Supreme pizza was my all-time favorite pizza back in my hay day and by looking at the nutritional information and finding it was pretty point friendly, I immediately decided this HAD to be dinner.  Not only did it have all the toppings I enjoy, but it was only 7 points plus for 1 1/5th of the pizza.  Perfect!

I baked it up, cut it up and served and we were all impressed with the product.  Delicious, flavorful and two thumbs up.  Definitely a repurchase next time I am in the mood for a supreme pizza.

QUESTION:
What is your favorite frozen pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment