Saturday, April 27, 2013

Cookie Butter Frosted Brownies



As mentioned in my previous post I had two separate idea for Cookie Butter Brownies so instead of making two trays of brownies (which can be dangerous having that many brownies lying around) I made a “snack size” box of brownies, split it down the middle and made the two separate recipes I had in mind.  I simply followed the box directions for the brownies – I avoided eliminating any of the eggs and oil because even with adding them they were going to be around the same point values.

I baked the brownies per the box directions and once they were fully baked I let them cool completely.  When cooled I frosted them with the following frosting recipe:

  • 2 tablespoons Cookie Butter
  • ¾ cup powder sugar,
  • 1 ½ tablespoons softened margarine
  • 1 teaspoon skim milk
  • Splash (maybe ½ teaspoon) of vanilla extract.

Blend the above ingredients together and frost the cooled brownies.  I found it a lot easier to frost the brownies (uncut) in the baking pan first before slicing into serving sizes.

I will say these were good but they are not for the faint of heart.  These were VERY sweet.  If you’re going to make them for a crowd that really love sweets, then these would be a hit – otherwise, it might be  a bit too much for your palette.

Using the box of mix I used and the Cookie Butter, these brownies (made a serving of 6 – half the box) turned out to be 7 points plus each.



2 comments:

  1. I've been wondering what to do with my cookie butter, this is a great idea! So far I've only tried it by itself and as a speculoos sandwich cookie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were yummy but they were very sweet. I also made a cookie butter swirl brownie which were delicious -- definitely lower on the sweet index!

      Delete