Monday, April 8, 2013

Spotted: Panera Dressing at Target



A few weeks ago I went shopping at Target and while in the refrigerator section (near the fruits and veggies) I found bottled Panera salad dressing.  I at first did a double take because my initial reaction was “Panera bottles dressings?!”  I don’t eat at Panera often, but from what I do know; Panera is not shy on the fat and calories associated with many of their dishes.  Scanning the dressing options I saw two fat free options: Poppy Seed and Raspberry Vinaigrette.

I calculated the points and found the Fat Free Poppy Seed (as well as the Raspberry Vinaigrette) were both 1 points plus for a 2 tablespoon serving.  I figured I would use the Poppy Seed a lot more on salads than I would the Raspberry, so the Poppy Seed went into my cart (I’ve actually since purchased another bottle because it’s THAT good).  My mother introduced me to Poppy Seed dressing years ago but that dressing is 5 points plus for 2 tablespoons and TOTALLY not worth it.

This particular dressing is “looser” in consistency (think like a slightly runnier creamy Italian).  Its sweet and a distinct poppy seed dressing taste.  Definitely a great addition to any salad or grilled chicken salad!

No comments:

Post a Comment