Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Breakfast: Special K Protein Cereal w/ Very Cherry Berry Blend, Banana and Almond Milk

I made this for my breakfast the other day because I’ve been needing to incorporate some more protein into my diet since I had a surgical procedure and my appetite has been hit or miss.  I did a little researching online and found out Special K sells a protein cereal which offers 10 grams of protein in a ¾ cup serving of cereal.

Now the cereal flavor itself – it reminds me of normal Special K but with a slight sweetness linked into the cereal. Not a very sweet, sweet, but very subtle. It’s a quite tasty cereal.  Since I was hungry in the morning I doubled up the serving and ate it with a small handful of Trader Joe’s Very Cherry Berry Blend, a sliced banana and 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk.

The whole bowl was 7 points plus – but if you were to have a single serving of cereal (3/4c) it s 3 points plus.  It’s definitely a great cereal to have on hand for those mornings (or even nights) where you’re hungry, looking for something lower in points and something that is pretty packed with protein.

QUESTION:
Have you tried you tried the Special K Protein cereal?

No comments:

Post a Comment