Friday, April 26, 2013

Huxtable’s Chicken Enchilada Casserole

I spotted this refrigerated Huxtable’s brand Chicken Enchilada Casserole while at Target.  Granted, it was very early in the morning and I knew I had nothing out for lunch and this just looked delicious.  I admit I was craving something cheesy and felt this might knock that craving out of the park.  Initially I thought the nutritional information was going to be through the roof ridiculous, which would make me put the container right back onto the shelf, but upon turning the box over I was QUITE surprised how favorable the stats were.  The container housed 2 servings and for ½ the container it turned out to be 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus and I calculated if you ended up eating the entire container it was 11 points plus.

Overall it had a nice flavor – it was on the saltier side (but I am very sensitive to salt since I only use it sparingly in cooking for flavor balancing).  It was just as the box described – a casserole layered with chicken, cheddar and monterey jack cheese, layered between corn tortillas and a zesty (although I personally wouldn’t say zesty) red chile sauce.

I enjoyed it and found it to be a decent, quick, simple lunch.  It was plentiful with a small side salad to balance it off.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the Huxtable’s premade meals at Target?

No comments:

Post a Comment