Thursday, April 25, 2013

QuestBar Protein Bar – Chocolate Brownie

I’ve heard so many things about QuestBar Protein Bars so I figured I had to give them a try.  After searching for them online and deciding I didn’t want to buy a full case without trying them beforehand, while at the mall one day, I popped into GNC and purchased a few of the QuestBar’s to try.  They happened to be on sale buy 3 get 1 free, so I grabbed four different flavors – well actually 3 different flavors.  I got 2 of the chocolate brownie since it seemed to be the flavor so many people had been raving about.

The Chocolate Brownie according to the little sticker at GNC stated it was the most popular flavor.  It also had very favorable caloric stats for me – Weight Watchers Points Plus wise the bar was only 4 points plus.

I felt the bars are not bad at all – they’re definitely a pretty decent tasting protein bar.  Now we know, protein bars can get pretty gross and disgusting, but this was a homerun.  It’s undoubtedly chocolatey, but I will say this is a VERY dense bar and chewy.  This will take you a little while to consume it, so it’s not like one of those little fiber bars you can basically toss back in 2 seconds and not feel as though you’ve eaten anything.

Speaking with some folks on Instagram, apparently these bars can be put into the microwave or toaster oven to bring its flavor to a whole new dimension.  I’ve seen these transformed into cookies and I’ve seen them warmed up and incorporated into a guilt-free “dessert”.  Do note these are packed with protein (20g) AND fiber (19g) so these will undoubtedly fill you while they will also make you go to the bathroom (sorry, to the faint of heart).

If you’re interested in Quest Bars they are sold on the Quest Bar website, while you can also purchase the bars individually (which I suggest before you go slurging on something you may not like) at GNC.

QUESTION:
Have you tried any of the QuestBars?  If so, what’s your favorite flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment