Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cheez-It Crunch'd - Cheddar Cheese

Popping through Target one afternoon I spotted and picked up the new Cheez-It Crunch'd Cheddar Cheese puffs. I love Cheez-Its ... probably a little too much, so when I spotted these at Target I was intrigued. Ideally in my mind it would be what a marriage between a Cheez-It and a cheese puff would be. Potential score ...
The product is sold in Cheddar Cheese flavor as well as in a Hot & Spicy (tabasco flavoring). I opted to play it safe and go with the classic cheddar cheese as I wasn't sure as to how spicy the hot and spicy may actually be.

Opening the bag up they look like enlarged Cheez-Its that are puffy with little holes in the middle. Eating a few they kind of taste like a Cheez-It but they also taste like a cheese puff but not as cheesy. They're unique and different at first. Although, I found with the first few they were okay, rather interesting, but after about 7 or so you start to get this "oil" flavor that is just NOT there with regular Cheez-Its. Cheez-Its are normally baked so the foreign oily flavor in the background is a bit stomach churning when you're not expecting it.  Or perhaps it's just my super sensitive taste buds that don't eat a lot of oil based foods. I guess you win some and you lose some ...

A serving is 1 ounce is 4 points plus values

No comments:

Post a Comment