Sunday, January 4, 2015

Emily Bites Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole

Enchiladas are one of those foods I've always been "iffy" with. I think particularly because the few times I have had enchiladas out they have been bland, tasteless and far less then stellar. Admittedly, having a mediocre/bad dish time after time can make one weary to want to try it again. But after I'd heard rave reviews on the Emily Bites Bubble Up Enchilada Casserole I decided to give it a try. I mean, after all, I had all the ingredients on hand except for the enchilada sauce.
 
Whipping up the dish itself took not much time at all. Then after that it was a quick trip into the oven to bake off to perfection. Before the dish went into the oven, I got stellar responses from family members - because again, not huge enchilada fans. Once it came out of the oven, opinions began to sway slightly. But once the dish was cut up, plated and served ... all of our prior opinions on enchiladas as a whole shifted - drastically.
 
This dish is absolutely delicious! It totally transformed my opinion on enchiladas and made me realize that just because I've had less than stellar dishes in the past, it doesn't mean enchiladas are all plain and boring dish. It's filling, it's delicious and it's a perfect meal alongside a tossed salad.
 
A serving is 1/6th of the dish which is only 7 points plus values.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment