Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Weight Watchers Oat Clusters with Cherries and Almonds

When I heard that Weight Watchers was coming out with their own brand of breakfast cereal ... I was quite intrigued. I enjoy cereal on an occasion, but I also enjoy it as a little added crunch/treat to go alongside my Greek yogurt (little parfait action!). I had not seen them in stores anywhere ... until one day I passed through a local Hannaford grocery store and found a shelf full.
 
Scanning the available options, I decided to go with the Weight Watchers Oat Clusters with Cherries and Almonds. The cereal reminded me of a Honey Bunches of Oats but with cherries in the mix. Upon opening it and trying it ... my initial thought was correct. The cereal itself is good. Flakes of cereal, with sliced almond pieces and chunks of dried cherries throughout it. It's quite delicious - it provides a crunch, chewiness (from the cherries) and sweetness.
 
I will say, it wasn't entirely satisfying. It's your average cereal, packaged in a Weight Watchers carton. It's good, but there isn't a whole lot to it to make it a perfect breakfast. It's good over yogurt for some added crunch. But I found that at times it turned into a "trigger food" due to the sweetness of it.
 
A serving, 3/4 cup, is 120 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment