Saturday, January 24, 2015

Chuao Maple Bacon Chocolate Bar

While making a quick lunch time grocery run I finally spotted the Chuao Maple Bacon Chocolate Bar. I have been looking for this chocolate bar for ages, because it seems like every store that carries Chuao never has the bacon one. I've heard great things about bacon mixed with chocolate (or maple flavoring) so I was quite intrigued.
 
What sold me was the description of the product on the packaging, "crisp bacon, delicate maple sweetness and bonfire smoked sea salt, bathed in milk chocolate". Bacon and chocolate? I mean ... really ... how can one go wrong? The bar itself really did not let me down.
 
I found the chocolate was smooth and creamy while giving that classic milk chocolate flavor. The bacon pieces are very small, almost finely milled crunchy pieces of bacon. It wasn't overly salty or smokey, but it did provide a very subtle flavoring which complimented the milk chocolate. There are not big pieces of bacon that you have to chew through, but the flavor and slight texture from the bacon is there and it's evident.
 
I found that half of a single serving was more than enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. After that I ended up sharing it with 2 other folks for them to experience the maple bacon chocolate treat.
 
A serving is 1.4 oz (half the bar) which is 210 calories or 6 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment