Saturday, January 31, 2015

Target Exercise Equipment Haul

Target has this wonderful $1-$3 section in their store that constantly pulls me in. One day while browsing through the store I spotted some exercise equipment. I know, you're probably thinking, exercise equipment in the dollar section? Yeah, I know ... but my coworkers and I are working on being more active at work since we have stationary jobs where we REALLY don't move much.
 
The yoga mat is thin, but it'll be perfect to lay on the floor in my cubicle and do some stretching exercises. It'd be great for my back since siting all day long does nothing for your frame. I'm not a yoga buff ... but I can pull some moves off Pinterest and give them a try.
 
Now the thing I'm most excited about is the weighted jump rope. I haven't jumped rope since I was a kid. In my kettlebell class a few weeks ago, my instructor did stations, where we worked on different exercises for a minute. One of those stations involved jumping rope and I found it to be so much fun. It's such a great way to burn calories without even realizing how much benefit you're getting out of it. Granted, I won't be able to do it in my cubicle ... but once this snow is off the ground I can begin doing so outside in my yard or even in the parking lot at work during the spring/summer/fall.
 
They also had little 3 lb kettlebells and weights for sale ... but I'm more of a 5-12 pound dumbbell and 12KG kettlebell person at the moment.
 
Not a bad investment for a whopping $6!

1 comment:

  1. Forget the hassle of a gym membership. eBay's huge selection of elliptical machines at fantastic prices means you can get fit on your schedule right at home. Discount Elliptical Machines

    ReplyDelete