Monday, January 12, 2015

Al Fresco Breakfast Chicken Sausage - Country Style

Since joining Weight Watchers Al Fresco has become one of my brands of choice. Admittedly, anytime I see new Al Fresco products at the grocery store I have to give them a try. That's just when the Al Fresco Breakfast Chicken Sausage - Country Style jumped into my grocery cart.
I cooked the sausages per box directions to include with my prepped breakfast meals. As with any frozen sausage link they took truly no time to brown them and get up to temperature. Steaming them with a little bit of water helped cook the sausages through and then allowed them to get nice coloring on the outside of the links.

Flavor wise, they taste just like a pork breakfast sausage would. Al Fresco certainly flavors the links well enough that they don't lack in flavor and they do not scream "I'm chicken!" They've got a wonderful flavor, they've got a moistness to them and they're wonderful on their own or alongside some scrambled eggs.

A serving, 2 sausage links, is 80 calories or 2 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment