Saturday, January 10, 2015

Trader Joe's Amaretti Tradizionale Crispy Italian Amaretti Cookies

With the Christmas season comes "giftable snacks" and one of those snacks that caught my eye was the Trader Joe's Amaretti Tradizionale Crispy Italian Amaretti Cookies. From the package they reminded me of a cookie I like to get at my local Italian bakery every once in a while. Of course it's slightly different, but the flavor is dead on.
 
What I liked most was that these cookies are individually wrapped. They're in a wax paper type wrapper which when removed, you're left with a cookie which is wrapped in a sealed plastic wrapper.  This is one of the greatest things because it's portion controlled without me having to do really anything but grab a single package. The cookie is crisp and crunchy, but it's not a break your tooth type of crunchy.

Flavor wise it's got an upfront sweetness to it. They remind me of the "cherry macaroons" I get at my local Italian bakery (they're like a slightly coconut/vanilla cookie that's sweet that has a little dollop of cherry flavoring on top - they're not your average macaroon). Sometimes it's sweet enough that one cookie is all I need to satisfy that sweet tooth. Or sometimes I can have a serving with a nice cup of tea/coffee. They are a cookie that I can enjoy straight out of the package, or dunked in a little bit of coffee to soften it up just a tad. They're great and I quite enjoy them for a little treat here and there.

A serving, 3 cookies, is 160 calories or 4 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment