Monday, January 19, 2015

Trader Joe's Taco Shells

I love tacos ... but there aren't many taco shells on the market that I find to be worth it. I've heard how fabulous the Trader Joe's Taco Shells are but I've bypassed them from time to time. Finally my store had them in stock so I made sure to pick up a box to give a whirl.
What I found to be the most intriguing about the taco shells from the box alone is that they're made from organic stone ground yellow corn. I've heard people rave about these taco shells but I've always thought a taco shell is a taco shell. Well ... that's not quite true. I love my nacho flavored taco shells, but these particular shells are fabulous! They get nice and crunchy, while also providing a little bit of chewiness when the shell is stuffed with taco meat and toppings. They hold up nicely, don't fall apart and are a perfect taco shell. They're fresh and flavorful ... definitely my favorite taco shell to date. You can heat them prior to eating or you can eat them straight out of the box (if you're eating straight out of the box allow the filling to 'heat' the shell a bit and it'll give it a little more chew).

A serving, 2 shells, is 130 calories or 3 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment