Thursday, January 1, 2015

Trader Joe's Petite Fig, Pear and Cranberry Tart

I admit ... any time I go to Trader Joe's I scope out the fresh desserts table. You know ... to see if anything will perhaps catch my eye. Typically something does, which results in me looking at the nutrition label and deciding whether it's worth it or not. I picked up the Trader Joe's Petite Fig, Pear and Cranberry Tart gave it a once over, checked the nutrition label and decided to give it a try.
 
With cranberries being the thing for the winter season it appeared intriguing. The tart looked fluffy, flaky and delicious. The top had what appeared to be a crumble topping. Cutting the tart into thirds I was concerned once I pulled a slice off the tray. The middle of the tart appeared to not be cooked all the way through. Well, it was either that or the fruit just made the middle of the tart soggy, stringy and unappealing.  I took my knife and cut all around the middle of the tart to dispose of the middle.
 
The outer half of the tart was alright ... really on the plain side of flavor. It wasn't truly buttery, it had more of a croissant texture to it, while it was more tart than sweet and was mediocre all around. Nothing to brag about while nothing worth eating. Sadly, the remainder of the tart found a permanent home in the garbage bin.
 
Better luck next time?

A serving, 1/3 of the tart, is 290 calories or 8 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment