Friday, January 16, 2015

Olivia's Organics Spring Mix with Herbs

My coworker actually introduced me to this Olivia's Organics Spring Mix with Herbs and I have to say, I'm glad she did. I've bought the Olivia's spring mix in the past and it was okay for a shake up from the normal salad ... but the combination with the herbs far out-seeds the original and has slid its way into my favorite prepackaged salad.
 
The salad is a mixture of your average salad greens (Tango, Lolla Rosa, Red & Green Romaine, Red & Green Oak, Red & Green Chard, Spinach, Mizuna, Radicchio, Frisee, Beet Greens, Arugula, Tat-Soi, Red Mustard) which is then mixed with flavorful herbs (Dill & Parsley). The parsley and dill give the salad a fresh flavor which is a wonderful addition to any salad (or even a sandwich). The mixture is wonderful and I find a little feta cheese sprinkled over the salad and herbs gives it a nice kick which brings the flavor of the greens out more.
 
I've had it straight out of the container and added to a salad bowl while I've also mixed it with some chopped romaine, sliced carrot, red onion and cherry tomatoes. Either way it's a winner in my book!
 
A serving, 2 cups, is 10 calories or 0 points plus values.

No comments:

Post a Comment