Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Wendy’s Frosty Alternative

This is the end result of what I call “Facebook made me do it.”

Browsing Facebook I saw a friend posted a Frosty alternative recipe. Going over the recipe I was intrigued but decided I was going to make it with a few tweaks to make it more my “style” if you will. The original recipe had really no sweetness to it (as told by the ingredients and those who tried the recipe comments).  I knew I wouldn’t enjoy it as it was originally, so I opted to tweak it a bit. I have to say, the end result came out pretty well. It’s not an exact Wendy’s frosty replica, but it’s a healthier alternative. The only thing missing was my small fry on the side.

I didn’t go into making this expect it to be creamy and smooth. It’s got the classic frosty flavor, with a hunt of banana in the background, but texture wise it’s icier (to be expected) but nonetheless it was an enjoyable treat.

Serves 1. 1 Points Plus Values.
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used vanilla)
  • 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 tbsp sugar free chocolate syrup
  • 1 packet Equal
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 15 ice cubes

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and ice is all chopped up.

Serve in your favorite glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment