Saturday, January 18, 2014

Lean Cuisine Wrap Additions Buffalo-Style Chicken

I’m not a huge frozen food fan, but I do enjoy them from time to time for convenience foods or I even give them a whirl when one may look particularly tasty. While shopping one day I noticed a line of new Lean Cuisine’s and decided to pick on up.  Our of the 3 varieties available at my shopping center, I opted to go with the Lean Cuisine Wrap Additions Buffalo-Style Chicken.  It seemed to be the “safest” of the varieties even though it was to be the spiciest.

When I first spotted the meal I assumed that perhaps the wraps were inside of the box to make a complete meal. After looking over the box I realized that the components to make a wrap were included and I’d have to choose my own wrap to assemble a sandwich. The idea is good in one way but I can see how it might be confusing for others who are just grabbing to go without realizing they need tortillas on the side.  The meal itself includes a spicy buffalo-style seasoned white meat chicken, carrots, celery, tomatoes and onions alongside a spicy buffalo-style sauce, which has a slight cooling effect to it, perhaps due to a slight presence of ranch dressing?  At first I was thinking “celery and carrots steamed alongside chicken?” but it all works well together.

The inner sandwich components are rather plain jane on their own. The chicken is mildly spiced – but the flavor category without a doubt comes from the sauce. The sauce is spicy, flavorful, while it also has a bit of a creamy cooling effect – which is similar to something you’d get with a ranch dressing. Overall, it’s quite delicious and a great meal idea.

I opted to pair my wrap addition to ½ of a lavish which is 1 points plus for the half – making my whole meal only 5 points plus. Not bad!

Each package of 160 calories or 4 points plus values. Of course depending on the type of tortilla that is used that will increase the calories and points plus respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment