Friday, January 10, 2014

Trader Joe’s Pecan Pumpkin Instant Oatmeal

When I was on my autumn filled pumpkin kick, I picked up a box of the Trader Joe’s Pecan Pumpkin Instant Oatmeal solely because 1) it was pumpkin and 2) it was a unique blend and one I had never seen before.  I’m pretty sure this is still available at Trader Joe’s locations until they’re sold out for the season.

I was in an oatmeal mood so I decided on giving this a go. I followed the package instructions – which include using 2/3 cups water along with the oatmeal, then into the microwave it goes.   After I let it cool for a couple minutes, I found the oatmeal thickened up a bit more than it was straight out of the microwave. Flavor wise it definitely smells more pumpkiny than it tastes. It tastes like classic mildly sweetened oatmeal that has a smooth, not overwhelming brown sugar flavor to it. There are pecan bits and chunks throughout the oatmeal, which give the oatmeal a classic nutty flavor.  The pecan bits definitely bump the oatmeal up a few notches. I found the oatmeal was definitely satisfying, far more than an instant Quaker Oat.

A serving, 1 packet, is 180 calories or 5 points plus values.

QUESTION:
Have you tried the pecan pumpkin oatmeal from Trader Joe’s?

No comments:

Post a Comment