Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pot Pie Stuffed Acorn Squash

One day while shopping at Trader Joe’s I noticed they had an acorn squash which was stuffed with pot pie filling, turkey and had a golden flakey crust on top of it. I wanted to purchase it, but it had 2 or 3 servings in it and I felt cutting it to share with someone would make the inside just ooze out. So I put my thinking cap on and decided I’d make my own version at home.

Since I had all the ingredients at home, I decided to make this for myself for dinner one night. It was so easy to put together because I roasted my acorn squash beforehand and baked off my chicken breast. Admittedly this does take a bit of time to put together … but the end result is well worth it!  After that it was just combining ingredients, and returned it back to the oven to finish baking and to cook off the crescent roll.

The entire dish was only 7 points plus values!
Ingredients:
½ cup Libby’s mixed vegetables
½ cup chicken gravy
1 Purdue Simply Portioned chicken breast, seasoned & baked
½ roasted acorn squash
1 sheet reduced fat crescent roll, rolled out

Cut acorn squash in half, remove the seeds and place onto a baking sheet – cut side up. Season with salt and pepper and place into a 350 degree oven for roughly 30-40 minutes until you can poke the top with a fork gently.

Season raw chicken breasts with poultry season and bake in a 350 degree oven for roughly 25 minutes until chicken breast is cooked completely.

Cut up 1 chicken breast into chunks and combine with vegetables and gravy. Toss then spoon into the center of the acorn squash.

Gently roll out 1 serving of a crescent roll and place that over the top of the squash.  Cut a few slits into the top of the crescent roll and return to the oven for 15-20 minutes until the crescent roll is cooked through completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment