Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Mexican “Pizza”



I wanted something different for lunch one day. I didn’t really want a salad and I wasn’t really in the mood for a chicken wrap. So I took the things I would have used and transformed them into a whole different meal.  I made myself Mexican “Pizza” (I just omitted the cheese since I only had American cheese on hand). Seeing it in a different form made it more appetizing. Plus, since pizza is my favorite food it made it fun to eat.

I used 2 Joseph’s Flax, Oat Bran, Whole Wheat Tortillas and topped it with chunky salsa as the "sauce". I then topped it with some Oscar Meyer chicken chunks and baked it off in the oven. When it was done I topped it with some sliced lettuce and tomato, topped it with some jarred jalapenos and a dollop of salsa on top.

It was perfect! Delicious and filling … plus for 2 “pizzas” it was only 6 points plus values.


No comments:

Post a Comment