Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Scrambled Egg w/ Peppers and Onions, Hash Brown & Bacon Breakfast Wrap

Back in the day, I used to occasionally order a McDonald’s Sausage Burrito before heading into work.  It was 300 calories worth of egg, sausage, peppers and cheese on a white tortilla. Now that’s the calories for 1 sandwich (which is awfully small might I add). So because of its size I would typically order 2, plus a side of hash browns. The sandwiches were “filling” in the moment, but 2 or so hours later I felt hungry again.

These days I create healthier alternatives to breakfast items at home (which I have also been known to eat as a lunch). The sandwiches can be eaten when prepared and/or even brought out with me on the go.  The greatest part is they’re filling, healthier and I know exactly what’s in it.

These wraps are made on Joseph’s Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour Tortillas. The filling is made with ½ cup fat free egg substitute (Egg Beaters) tossed with diced onion and green pepper, 2/3 cup Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes, and 1 ½ slices of bacon.  Topped off with sriracha for an added bit of spice/flavor.

The entire meal (both tortillas) are only 7 points plus. Not bad for a filling and delicious meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment