Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

This is what I call “Facebook made me do it” – meaning one of those recipes that bounce around on Facebook was posted on my Facebook timeline. After walking thru the kitchen I noticed I had some slightly ripened bananas soooo it was a perfect opportunity to whip up a quick batch of cookies.

The recipe is interesting because it includes no sugar, no dairy and no oil.  I admit, when I recreated the recipe I used skim milk in place of the almond milk since I did not have a container in the refrigerator at the time.

I made 18 pretty decent sized cookies and they were 2 points plus a piece. Not bad at all! These were also a hit … they tasted reminiscent of banana bread (of course, different texture, etc.)

Here’s the recipe I followed:

3 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup apple sauce (I used natural unsweetened)
2 cups oats
¼ cup almond milk (I substituted with skim milk)
½ cup raisins (optional)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon

Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment