Sunday, September 8, 2013

Dinner: Eggplant Parm w/ Salad



This is a dinner I had whipped together because I had made a boatload of breaded eggplant cutlets (see here) and homemade meat sauce (see here). Wanting something different (even though it’s using the same ingredients) I opted to make myself a single serving of eggplant parmesan. It looked different because I served it up in a single serve baking dish; it tasted different (due to the cheese) and I opted for a salad on the side instead of pasta.

My entire plate is only 6 points plus values!  My eggplant parm was 6 points plus and the salad with 1 tbsp dressing was 0 points plus. Not bad – it was delicious, filling and it looked more “guilty” than it actually was.

I spooned a tablespoon of sauce into the bottom of the dish, added 1 1/2 slices of eggplant cutlet, some sauce, 2 eggplant slices, topped it with the remaining sauce and sprinkles 1/4cup of fat free mozzarella over the top.  I then popped it into the oven for roughly 10 minutes to heat through and melt the cheese.

Delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment