Monday, September 2, 2013

Trader Joe's W Classic Sliced Dry Rubbed All Natural Uncured Bacon


While shopping at Trader Joe’s I finally noticed the line of bacon.  I’ve seen the peppered turkey bacon before but hadn’t purchased it but I was in a different store and the bacon was more eye level than above my head so I started poking around.  I picked up a pack of the W Classic Sliced Dry Rubbed All Natural Uncured Bacon (in other stores it would be known as Wellshire Farms Classic Sliced Dry Rubbed All Natural Uncured Bacon) to have as a meal plus as an addition to a recipe.

I’ve been trying out trying out nitrate free meats to see if I notice any difference in regards to headaches.  So when I saw this bacon had no nitrates or nitrites and had not been preserved I was intrigued.  When I flipped over the pack and checked out the nutrition facts I was pretty much sold.  Plus the ingredients in the bacon are all things that one can read and understand: pork, raw sugar, sea salt and spices. Can’t get much simpler than that!

The bacon itself is delicious.  It’s thick, it’s meaty, and it’s mildly salty and just an all around perfect bacon. I have been eating turkey bacon for a while now, simply because I enjoy it and it was less points than regular bacon BUT I’m pretty much sold on this bacon and it will become a staple, repeat purchase for me from here on out.  It’s great on its own, it’s great chopped up and incorporated into a sandwich, it’s great in pasta dishes, and it’s just delicious bacon.

A serving size is 2 pan fried slices.  A serving is 60 calories which translates to 1 points plus values (Yes! 1 points plus for REAL bacon!).

QUESTION:
Have you tried the W (Wellshire Farms) classic sliced dry rubbed all natural uncured bacon?

3 comments:

  1. YES...it is the best store bought bacon I have ever had!! My family loves it. I don't go to Trader Joe's often because of how far it is from where I live, so when I do go there, I don't leave without at least 4-5 packages of the bacon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rather bummed this particular line of bacon is only sold at certain Trader Joe's. My TJ's I frequent the most often doesn't carry it :(

      Delete
  2. Agreed, this bacon is awesome. I get migraines from bacon with nitrates, but haven't had any problems with this brand!

    ReplyDelete