Monday, September 2, 2013

Nachos! Using Trader Joe’s Organic Reduced Guilt Tortilla Chips & Queso Cheese Dip



I had wanted nachos for a few days, I decided I was going to have them – so I threw them on my tracker earlier in the day. When I wanted them, I went into the kitchen and assembled them.  They were a delicious snack, low in points, loaded with fresh vegetables and completely satisfying.
 
A few Trader Joe’s trips ago I had picked up a bag of the Trader Joe’s Organic Reduced Guilt White Corn Tortilla Chips because I wanted to try them. They looked crispy in the bag and according to the nutrition facts, roughly 14 chips was a serving size.  A serving was also only 3 points plus.  I measured out 1 ¼ servings (which is 4 points plus) on my scale and arranged the chips on my plate.

I took the remaining Trader Joe’s Queso Cheese Dip and put the jar straight into the microwave (my jar was just about empty, I wouldn’t suggest doing this if your jar is full and you’re going to put it back in the fridge).  When it was nice and hot I took it out, stirred it up and drizzled 2 tablespoons over my chips. The great thing about this queso is it’s 0 points plus for 2 tablespoons!  The cheese itself is quite yummy, it’s a bit tangy and slightly sour, but when mixed with sour cream and fresh veggies you don’t notice the tanginess much more.  You can see me initial post on the queso here.

I then topped off the queso covered chips with diced red onion, diced tomato and diced green peppers. Finishing it up I added in 3 heaping tablespoons of mild salsa and a teaspoon of sour cream right in the middle. Deliciousness!

The greatest part is the entire plate shown is only 4 points plus values!  Take that Taco Bell!

QUESTION:
Do you like making nachos at home?



No comments:

Post a Comment