Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Market Pantry Pumpkin Cereal Bars


Fall is my favorite season and along with fall comes one of my favorite flavors – pumpkin!  I LOVE pumpkin and love just about anything pumpkin. This time of the year is one of my favorites when shopping because it’s seriously pumpkin overload at the stores and its fun trying new and unique items.  One of the new things I spotted while out at Target (in the Halloween section incase you want to pick it up) is the Market Pantry Pumpkin Cereal Bars.

I enjoy cereal bars every once in a while as a snack, or as a part of a meal (typically with breakfast).  These bars have the typical texture of a cereal bar – grainy and slightly chewy. They’re an undeniable pumpkin flavor (which is appreciated) and it’s sweetened up by the vanilla frosting. I know the package says filling but the bar I ate didn’t seem to have filling inside of it, just frosting on the outside.  Regardless, it gave it sweetness and really tied the bar together. It reminded me of some of the guiltier desserts that come around in the fall – such as pumpkin cake, etc.

Each bar has 160 calories in it with 7 grams of fat – which is equal to 4 points plus values. Definitely a nice treat!

QUESTION:
Have you tried the Market Pantry Pumpkin Cereal Bars?

No comments:

Post a Comment