Friday, September 13, 2013

Tastee Caramel Apples

These little Tastee Caramel Apples are one of my favorite items at the grocery store once September rolls around.  I enjoy caramel apples, but usually they are only massive, not quite good for you and truly caked in excess sugary bits.  I enjoy these particular apples because they are smaller (single serving, or you could even share it with a friend/loved one) and give you just the right amount of sweetness without being overwhelming.

There are a few different varieties as far as the caramel topping go – but I typically keep it simple and stick with the peanut covered caramel apple.  I enjoy these the most straight out of the fridge because it makes the caramel a little harder (but not crack/chip your tooth hard) – plus in general I enjoy my apples cold.  Plus when eating it cold it takes me longer to eat it, so it makes it an even more enjoyable experience.

The apples are relatively crisp and slightly sweet, the caramel topping is chewy but a little softer, and the peanuts give it a nice softer crunch.  An entire apple is 160 calories and 4 points plus values.  A nice, delicious, different treat during the cooler months – can’t beat that!

QUESTION:
Do you like caramel or candy apples?

No comments:

Post a Comment