Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dinner: Ginger Garlic Roasted Pork Loin, Baked Potato & Veggies

This is a tasty dinner we had a few nights ago.  We picked up some pork loin at the local grocery store and I asked the butcher to slice up half of it into chops and leave the other half whole.  After returning home I cut the fat off the sides of the chops, rinsed them and put them into the Knorrs Garlic Ginger roasting bag. I sprinkled the pork on each side with the garlic ginger seasoning and opted to add in some sliced onion and a bag of baby carrots.

The package didn’t call for anything other than the pork to be added to the bag … but I love vegetables with my food so I added them.  Plus ginger garlic carrots sounded amazing.  It was quite simple to throw together, tie the bag shut with the plastic tie and pop it in the oven for 35 minutes and done-so!  The seasoning itself was 1 points plus per serving.

I served the meal up with cooked potato (I went the easy way out and steamed them in the microwave) as well as some fresh steamed green beans.  My pork was 3 ounces, plus the seasoning made it 5 points plus. My entire plate was only 9 points plus and delicious.

QUESTION:
Do you like using cooking bags to make a quick, tasty and easy meal?


No comments:

Post a Comment